Ways to Pay Your Rent
Rental payments are our main source of income. The money received from tenant rents allows us to provide a range of housing services and to maintain and improve our houses and to build new homes.
It is no surprise therefore, that we focus much of our time and effort on making sure all tenants pay their rent and pay on time. It is important to remember that paying your rent on time is a condition of your tenancy and failure to do so can put your tenancy at risk. Your rent together with any Service Charge is payable on a calendar monthly basis and is charged on the 28th of the month.
It’s important to let us know as soon as possible if you don’t think you can pay your rent. Call us on 0800 678 1228. We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. We can help if we know there is a problem and will be sympathetic to your circumstances.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Arrange for you to pay arrears by instalments.
- Assist you to claim housing benefit.
- Arrange for you to receive independent, confidential advice about budgeting and debt management from an agency such as Shelter Scotland or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- If paying high utility bills impact on your ability to rent, we can put you in touch with an energy advice agency.
- Find out about extra help you may be able to claim for by clicking here.
How can Connect help?
Did you know the Connect app and online tenancy management tool has lots of ways to help too. In Connect you can:
- Check your rent balance & statements
- Make payments
- Use the budget tool with links to money saving advice
- Use the arrears calculator - the same tool we use to see how much you can afford to pay to celar your arrears
Visit the Connect website or download the app by searching #Connect-CHAGroup in your app or goggle play store and see how easy Connect makes managing your rent.
You can also download our other helpful guides & policies:
For any concerns or advice regarding your rent payments please contact our office on 01389 721216 or you can contact us via the website here.