Ending Your Tenancy? Help Us Help You!

Let us know
If you want to leave your home you need to give us at least four weeks notice in writing. You then need to complete an end of tenancy form as soon as possible. Copies of the form are available from our office.  Please contact us if you would like a form issued to you.

Joint tenants
If you are a joint tenant you will both need to sign the end of tenancy form.

Don’t forget your rent
Rent is due on your home until the end of the four week notice period you have given. This applies even if you choose to move out before then. Please make sure you pay all rent you owe before you give back the keys to us. Remember that if you receive Housing Benefit it will only be paid for as long as you are in your home. If you move out before the end of your notice period, your housing benefit may stop.

Ready for the next person
You are responsible for the interior decoration of your home so please make sure your property is in good decorative order before you move out. You will also need to repair any damage which you are responsible for. If you don’t repair this damage we may charge you for it.

It is important that you leave the property and garden tidy, plus remove any belongings or rubbish before you go. If you do not leave the property in a clean and tidy condition we will charge you what it costs us to do the work.

Keep in touch
If you need to know anything else or you want to talk more about your plans to give up your tenancy please get in touch with your Housing Officer. If your plans to move change please tell us as soon as possible.

Giving back your keys
Please remember to give back all the keys you have for your home on the day your tenancy ends. If you cannot bring the keys to us in person you will need to post them recorded delivery to make sure they arrive safely the following day. Please be prompt, if they are returned late we will charge you rent until the point the keys are received.

For more information call us on 01389 721216.