Extra Care Housing
Cordale Housing Association opened its 40 extra care housing apartments in the heart of the village in January 2009.
The following is a list of those things key to this particular building.
What is Extra Care Housing?
- It enables older people to stay in a home of their own.
- It provides access to 24 hour care.
- It extends the choice of housing available for older people who have care and support needs, as an alternative to residential care.
- It offers an environment that helps people to make choices, to retain their independence and control over their lives.
- It gives each person all the usual rights of being a tenant and to provide care and support so that they retain their independence.
- Each person will have privacy and quiet within their own flat to enterain friends and relatives.
- It creates a safe and secure environment to live in.
What is the accommodation like inside?
- Self-contained one bedroom flats.
- Each flat has its own front door, bedroom, lounge, kitchen and shower room (including WC). The kitchen is laid out so that you can accommodate your own white goods. The Association do not supply white goods.
- Emergency intercom alarm system will pull cords in each room.
What else is in the building?
- Special bathrooms for assisted bathing.
- A large centrally located tenants' lounge, dining kitchen and conservatory.
- Smaller lounges for informal gatherings of tenants.
- Guests bedrooms which may be booked for visiting relatives/friends. For more information download a copy of our Guest Rooms Policy.
- A laundry room containing washing machines and tumble dryers for personal use of tenants and/or their carers.
- A 24 hour entrance door entry phone system to give additional home security.
- A lift to give easy access to first and second floor accommodation.
- An emergency call system giving 24 hour response.
- The Housing Support Assistant primary functions are to ensure the well being of tenants.
- If your needs change, staff can support you with this by contacting the appropriate organisations.
- Economic provision of all heating, electricity, gas and water rates to each flat through a weekly service charge.