You can help to maintain a good environment for you and your neighbours to enjoy. This is an important part of your tenancy agreement. By following a few simple rules, you can make your area cleaner, greener and safer fo you and everyone else to enjoy.
You can do this by making sure that:
- You should dispose of your household refuse in a proper manner.
- You must put all your household rubbish in the bin store or other proper place allocated for it.
- You should make sure that your rubbish is bagged or placed in the appropriate rubbish container. You should make sure that your rubbish is not put out any earlier than the evening before collection. You must, however, make sure that it is put out on time on the appropriate day.
- Once your refuse has been collected you must make sure that your bins are returned to the bin store or normal storage place as soon as possible after they have been emptied. West Dunbartonshire Council will uplift your black or green bin fortnightly on a Monday. The communal bins from 216A to 230 Main Street are uplifted every Friday. Your brown and blue bin are also uplifted on a Monday on fortnightly basis. It you live in Dalquhurn Estate you bin uplift day is a Thursday.
- To find out when brown bin is uplifted please contact the office on 01389 721216 or you can contact West Dunbartonshire Council on 01389 737000.
Special uplift of bulk items
West Dunbartonshire Council provides a chargeable special uplift service for bulky household items such as fridges, cookers, carpets, furniture and other large household items which cannot fit into a wheeled bin.
The following items will not be collected:
- demolished buildings or parts thereof
- outhouses or parts thereof
- garages or parts thereof
- any other waste which cannot reasonably be collected by staff using existing vehicles without undue risk either to staff or vehicles.
Standard collection charge as follows:
£15 (paid in advance) for the collection of bulky household waste
It should also be noted that the Council imposes a higher charge for certain items which are deemed to be non-household. Waste articles arising from works of home improvement, repair or alteration, shall be not be eligible for collection under the Councils bulky household waste policy. Large amounts of waste or certain items of waste may require a visit to determine the cost of uplift, which may be additional to the minimum charge.
Minimum collection charge as follows:
£48.20(paid in advance) for the collection of waste resulting from home improvement, repair or alteration works.
For more information, please contact West Dunbartonshire Council on 01389 738725
Alternatively you could take your bulky household waste materials to a Household Waste & Recycling Centre, free of charge. Please contact West Dunbartonshire Council on 01389 738725 for more information.