The Scottish Government’s tiered restrictions announced in October has given us all guidance for the months ahead about how we will play our part, region by region, to reduce the spread of the virus in Scotland during the winter months.
We’ve looked at the levels laid out in the guidance to see how these may affect the services Caledonia provides to you. Because of the measures we have introduced you should not see any significant change from the current levels of service we are providing, even if your region does move up or down the tiered restrictions.
Here’s a recap on our current working practices and the changes to our services to ensure we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of the virus:
Remote working remains the default position for our teams, in line with Scottish Government guidance, meaning we will try to deliver tasks or service requests remotely without the need for contact or a visit.
- Our main office remains closed to staff, customers & the general public
- Our teams are working and are available to help with all your enquiries – please do not hesitate to contact us
- We are able to continue to complete emergency and reactive repairs in all tiers (remember safety & social distance measures must be followed)
- In tier 4 our non safety based planned and cyclical maintenance inside homes becomes been paused as this is not classed as essential
- Staff in our Very Sheltered development at Riverside View are continuing to work to provide much needed support for residents
- The common area cleaning service is continuing where appropriate.
- Home moves are permitted and contractors (such as removal firms) may assist
- To keep everyone safe visits or personal contact will only be considered in essential situations & strictly by appointment (not recommended in tier 4)
- Screening checks for Coronavirus symptoms will be done
- Social distancing must be observed
- Measures for hand hygiene and coughing etiquette will be undertaken
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn if appropriate
- Records of contacts will made for track and trace requirements
- A visit will be declined or ended if measures are not followed.
We would like to thank you for your understanding in these difficult times and for helping us to help you and our staff stay safe.